Back Workout Routine For Beginners-4 Weeks
Almost every beginner gym-goers have an undeveloped back. Because of the lack of a proper back workout routine. How many of you want a well developed back please say “yes” in the comment.
People often tend to build muscle groups like chest abs, biceps or arms, etc. But you need to understand that for an aesthetic look and symmetry in your body, you need to develop a great back muscle.
Heavy muscle mass and proper definition will give you that 3D looks to your back, which would be more pleasant and attractive.
So, let’s start. But before that, let me know your current back workout routine in the comment section. I am just curious about that.
Read Also: 10 Best Back Exercises You should Include (Sample plan)
Basic Anatomy Of Back Muscles
To grow your back muscles and to achieve a nice definition in your back first you need to know the muscle anatomy of our back.
Your back is made up of so many small and large muscle groups. But there are majorly four muscle groups on which you should focus to grow your back.
The lats (latissimus dorsi) also known as the wings. It is originated in the underarms and inserted in the lower back. The lats are cover most of the lower and the mid-back.
The traps are located your neck and come down to your mid-back. It is the largest muscle in your upper back.
The rhomboid is located just under the trap muscles. To achieve a 3D back you need to give special attention to this small muscle.
The erector spinae is originated in your neck then comes down all the way to the down and inserted in your lower back.
The Back Workout Routine Exercises
Before I jump into the back workout routine, first I want you to know the exercises and which muscle it targets.
The deadlift is an old school exercise and the most famous lower back workout. The deadlift has so many variations but in this back workout routine, you are going to do the conventional deadlift.
- First, load a barbell with plates. Then place your feet just under the bar and stand closer to the barbell.
- Lower yourself by hinging your hip and grab the barbell. Keep your back straight, chest up, and look forward.
- Then, take a deep breath, core tight and hold; pull the bar, and stand tall. At the top squeeze your butt and breath out.
- Then either release the bar or slowly lower the bar. Repeat the reps until you reach the mentioned number.
Read Also: How To Get Big Arms-6 Tips That Actually Works
#2 Close Grip Lat Pulldown
This one is one of my favorite middle back workouts. Close grip lat pulldown will target your outer lats. This workout will give you the thickness of your lats.
- First, attach a double “D” bar with the cable. Then seat down. Select your weight.
- Make your chest up, back straight, and look upward. Then take a deep breath and pull the bar to your lower chest.
- when you pull the bar think as if you are pulling it with your elbows. This will activate your lats, not your biceps.
- Then breathe out and slowly lower stretch your arms to the back position. Hit the mentioned rep range.
#3 Lat Pulldown
Lat pulldown is another great workout to develop your overall lats. In this back workout routine, you need to do a single drop set of the lat pulldown.
- First, attach a bar with the cable and take the seat.
- Take a little wider grip than your shoulder width, keep your back straight and chest high.
- Now take a deep breath and hold, pull the bar down, and touch it to your chest. Then slowly get back to the starting position.
- Perform the whole movement in a controlled manner. Don’t swing your body. Do the reps as mentioned.
Read Also: Biceps Workout Routine For Mass-Free PDF Download
#4 Bent Over Barbell row
The Bent-Over Barbell row is going to target your lats and mid-back. This workout is perfect to develop your back muscle mass and give you the massive look.
- First of all load plates to the bar and stand closer to the bar.
- Bent down by hinging your hip and make a “v” shape in your hip. Then grab the bar and lift it to your knee level. This is your starting position.
- Now, bend your elbows and pull the bar closer to your belly button. And slowly down the bar at your knee level.
- Make sure you keep your back straight and chest up through the whole movement.
Read Also: 12 Best Triceps Workout For Mass (Sample Workout Plan)
#5 One Arm Row
The one-arm row is my favorite one and a very good back workout. Although many people perform it in a very bad form.
- First, bent down on a bench or dumbbell rack and place one hand on the rack. On the other hand, grab a dumbbell.
- Now, keep your back straight, chest up, and take a deep breath. Then pull the dumbbell and breath out. Pull it with your elbow, otherwise, you may activate your biceps.
- Then slowly lower the dumbbell to the starting position.
#6 Barbell Shrug
The barbell shrug a great trap exercise. And it will give you a great shape to your shoulder as well. To achieve a great definition in the upper back you need to focus on your trap.
- With an overhand grip, grab a barbell just outside your thighs and stand straight tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Then, lift your shoulder straight up and retract your shoulder blades. Pause for a second at the top, slowly lower the bar.
Back Workout Routine
|Deadlift||4 sets||10-12 reps||90 sec|
|Close Grip Lat Pull Down||4 sets||10-12 reps||90 sec|
|Lat Pulldown||4 sets||10-12 reps||60 sec|
|Bent-Over Barbell Row||3 sets||8-10 reps||60 sec|
|One Arm Row||3 sets||8-10 reps||60 sec|
|Dumbbell Shrug||5 sets||12-15 reps||45 sec|
This back workout routine may look easy but try this once. Follow this workout routine for at least four weeks, then you can feel the gains.
Although it is a beginner back workout plan, also intermediates can give it a try.
Make sure you keep your diet like protein intake, carbs intake to the point, and have a proper rest to grow your back muscles.
That’s it for now; if you have any queries or want to ask me something then go ahead ask me in the comment section below.
For online personal training from me click here.
You can follow me on social media:
Join my Facebook group and share your thoughts, queries regarding health, and let’s discuss it: